Korean Celebrations takes young readers on an exciting exploration of Korea's colorful festivals and family celebrations--wonderful days that are filled with exciting activities and delicious foods.
This book allows children to experience Korean culture firsthand by involving them in games, crafts, stories, foods and other activities. In this book, kids will learn about many special Korean celebrations and festivals such as:
- Dano--the end of the planting season which is full of fun competitions like wrestling and swinging contests
- Children's Day--a spring day off from school, when parents take their kids out for a day of fun
- Daeboreum--a holiday to celebrate the moon, filled with special dances, twirling fire, lots of walking and, of course, special foods
- Special birthdays--(like turning one, or turning sixty) and other family celebrations.
- Buddhist and Christian holidays--like Christmas and Buddha's Birthday.
…And plenty more. Because in Korea, a holiday or celebration is always just around the corner! Korean Celebrations allows kids to immerse themselves in the lives of their Korean counterparts with these interactive multicultural activities.
- Author: Tina Cho, Illustrator: Farida Zaman
- Ages: 8-12
- Pages: 48 pages